Adult Learn to Skate Level 1 (Starting May 2nd)
Name of class: Adult Learn to Skate Level 1
Cost: $75 (without rentals) or $95 (WITH rental skates)
Rental Skates: at checkout, available for $5 each use.
All Dates: May 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd
Location: Retro Rollers Inc. 65 Albert St Unit B Stratford Ontario
Time: 6pm-7pm (Please arrive 15 mins earlier – 5:45pm)
Length: 1 hour
Level of class: Introductory level
Age limit: 14+
DESCRIPTION: You might be curious if this is something you would like to do, and just want to put your foot in the water (so to speak), or possibly you are someone that’s just ready to receive instruction so you can safely add more skills at a pace that feels right, this is your class! This is the ultra-basic course you’ve been waiting for! Welcome to Learn to Roller Skate Level 1. We will learn how to safely slow down and stop, stride, transition and touch on backwards skating all while building your confidence and understanding how to utilize your body to move gracefully. In addition to those skills, knowing how to poise yourself to keep your balance in check, and even catch your balance to prevent falls. We have you covered!
- The Adult Learn to Skate Level 1 course is progressive (includes 4, 1hr sessions)
- This course is progressive, which means no additional participants can join in after the course has commenced.
- The front door will be locked at 6pm, please ring doorbell upon arrival if necessary.
- Created for the age 14+ beginner skater or those who want to improve the basics of roller skating.
- Each session we will concentrate on a new skill which will progressively build your confidence.
- If minimum class size is not met then we reserve the right to bump participants to the next scheduled course.
- Safety gear such as helmets, wrist guards, knee and elbow pads are strongly recommended. (most people decide to have gear after the first class, FYI)
- Rental Skates are available on a first come first served basis at a cost of $5 per rental. (select admission with rentals to pay ahead for rental skates)
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own full water bottle for hydration – you will be happy you did!
- No make-up classes provided, no refunds.
- Street parking available for free after 6pm, November 1 to March 31
PERK ALERT! When you register for any 4 week course with us, you may use the studio space during retail store hours to practice practice practice, no additional fees! This offer is valid between your start date, and course ending date. We ask that only those individuals that are registered are permitted to attend. Please note we do have a number of classes on Saturday, and it would be best to call ahead to see if the space is in use before arriving.
If you have a question on how to sign up please call us and we can sign you up over the phone! 519-635-9124