Adult “Take it to the streets!” Learn how to roller skate outdoors
Name of class: Adult “Take it to the streets!” Learn how to roller skate outdoors
Rental Skates: No rental skates available for this course. Due to the level of difficulty in skating outdoors, outdoor lessons provided will be geared towards individuals that own their own roller skates, and gear.
All Dates: May 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th
Location: Retro Rollers Inc. 65 Albert St Unit B Stratford Ontario
Time: 7:30pm-8:30pm (Please arrive 15 mins earlier 7:15pm) Doors will be unlocked by 7:15pm as the class before ends and leaves.
Length: 1 hour
Level of class: Intermediate (see description)
Age limit: 14+
DESCRIPTION: Are you intrigued about how to roller skate outside? Do you know how to roll with definite confidence forwards, backwards, good balance on skates, control your roll and bend your knees (like, REALLY bend your knees)? If this is the case, learning how to skate outdoors is right for you! Truth be told, skating outdoors is one of the most challenging methods of roller skating simply due to the unknown obstacles that present themselves. Elaine starts in the studio to ensure the basics are covered in a safe environment before venturing outdoors. This ensures everyone is definitely ready to tackle the world. Safety first! EACH participant absolutely must, with no exceptions wear full gear. This includes helmet, elbow, wrist, and knee pads. You may add to this with butt pads (Butt savers), bubble wrap or anything you feel will protect you. GEAR IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR RENT. We do sell gear in our store, however any gear purchased anywhere will help you! Check out “Play it again sports” as an alternative to help with costs. Also, there’s always hockey gear! This is not a good class to learn how to skate, please take a Learn to Skate 1 and or 2 if you feel unsure if you are ready to skate outdoors.
“This is a friendly, fun and exciting class that I have been developing over the course of a year. I have personally encountered many crazy things on my outdoor adventures, and I’ll be sure to share the in’s and out’s so you don’t have to go through some of the same things I have in the years past. We will be learning how to prevent falls, how to properly read the road, carve hills, serpentine shuffle, how to stop on hills and general outdoor navigation. We will be learning without sweeping our paths, since this is real life outside skating. No roads will be closed for us, as that’s also not the case when we skate outside. Make sure you have an outdoor wheel, and yes, I will turn you away if you don’t have full gear – no exceptions, so please be prepared ahead of time. Roller skate at your own risk” ~Elaine
- The Adult “Take it to the streets!” Learn how to roller skate outdoors course is progressive (includes 4, 1hr sessions)
- This course is progressive, which means no additional participants can join in after the course has commenced.
- Created for the age 14+ beyond-beginner skater or those who want to improve the fluidity of your roller skating.
- Each session we will concentrate on a new skill which will progressively build your confidence.
- If minimum class size is not met then we reserve the right to bump participants to the next scheduled course.
- Safety gear such as helmets, wrist guards, knee and elbow pads are MANDATORY.
- Rental Skates are not available for this course.
- Participants should bring their own full water bottle for hydration.
- No make-up classes provided, no refunds, WE WILL REBOOK IF IT IS RAINING
PERK ALERT! When you register for any 4 week course with us, you may use the studio space during retail store hours to practice practice practice, no additional fees! This offer is valid between your start date, and course ending date. We ask that only those individuals that are registered are permitted to attend. Please note we do have a number of classes on Saturday, and it would be best to call ahead to see if the space is in use before arriving.
If you have a question on how to sign up please call us and we can sign you up over the phone! 519-635-9124