- Feb 10 2024
- 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Adult Progressive Rhythm Skating Level 2 (Start Jan 6)
Name of class: Adult Progressive Rhythm Skating Level 2 (Starts Jan 6th)
Total Cost: $115 (without rentals) Includes 4 classes, each class is 1hr
All 4 Dates: Jan 6th, 13th (13th postponed, date added Feb 10th) , **NO class on Jan 20th** Jan 27th and Feb 3rd. Date added Feb 10th
Location: Retro Rollers Inc. 65 Albert St Unit B Stratford Ontario
Time: 3:30pm-4:30pm (Please arrive 15 mins earlier – 3:15pm)
Length: 1 hour
Level of class: Beyond Beginner (see description)
Age limit: 14+
DESCRIPTION: Looking for a fun activity to do in a group setting? Bring a friend or make some new ones in our accepting and friendly environment! In this 4 class Progressive Rhythm Course (Level 2) we will learn and drill two or more intermediate moves per class and combine them in a choreographed routine in the final class which will be recorded and be featured in our social media posts. Please let us know if you do not want to be featured and we will accommodate your request. We recommend taking Lean to Skate Level 1, 2 and 3 first, or have the ability to perform basic roller dance movements (eg. able to cross feet and hold balance, pivot, stagger feet, transition, roll on toe wheels confidently). Modifications can be made, whether you are excelling or require additional training – you can be sure to receive quality instruction! Each course taken will have different choreography. If you have a desire to have a dance move taught and integrated into a choreography, be sure to share your thoughts with your instructor. We believe in the love of roller skating!
- The Adult Rhythm Skating Level 2 course is progressive (includes 4, 1hr sessions)
- No additional participants can join in after the course has commenced.
- Created for the age 14+ Intermediate skater, this is not a beginner course.
- Each session we will concentrate on a new skill which will progressively build your confidence.
- If minimum class size is not met then we reserve the right to bump participants to the next scheduled course.
- Safety gear such as helmets, wrist guards, knee and elbow pads are strongly recommended, but not mandatory.
- Expect to be fall as attempting new, sometimes difficult movements can produce more falls.
- Rental Skates are available on a first come first served basis at a cost of $5 per rental.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own full water bottle for hydration. Gatorade is available via credit/debit.
- We know there are few exceptions, however spectators watching can be overwhelming for those taking this class, and we would prefer if they made other arrangements for the hour.
- No make-up classes provided, no refunds.
- Street parking available, use HOTSPOT app to pay, or coins Downtown Stratford Parking Guide
PERK ALERT! When you register for any 4 class course with us, you may use the studio space during retail store hours to practice practice practice, no additional fees! This offer is valid the day after your start date, and course ending date. We ask that only those individuals that are registered are permitted to attend. Please note we do have a number of classes on Saturday, and it would be best to call ahead to see if the space is in use before arriving. If you miss more than 1 class, this privilege will be revoked.
This course does include 1 extra week to practice for a total of 5 weeks!
If you have a question on how to sign up please call us and we can sign you up over the phone! 519-635-9124